Patients & Carers
Here you will find a link to ICU steps where there are excellent resources for patients and relatives. These include
- Intensive care guide: a guide to intensive care covering admission through to rehabilitation
- Support groups: meeting others who've been through similar experiences
- Supporting children visiting relatives in critical care - New activity book by ICU steps
- Patient experiences: experiences of patients who've been through critical care
- Relative experiences: experiences of relatives of intensive care patients
- Research: how you can help others by helping with research
- Useful contacts: other organisations that may be able to give you help
If you would like to see a video of a critical care unit – here is a video of the critical care unit in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
If you click on All network members this will take you to the home pages of critical care units in the network. You will find visiting times and contact telephone numbers for the units.