Transfer Training booking area
Due to COVID-19 we have altered the way we deliver this training with local units and departments leading on the practical elements. There is an online pre-course and post-course part to the training which local leads coordinate booking for.
In order to book onto this training you will now need to speak to your local NWLCCN Transfer Training faculty lead
London North West University Hospitals Trust - Vikki Ravel
Imperial College Healthcare Trust - James Middleworth
Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals - Chelsea site - Emma Long, West Middlesex Site - Mary Packman
Hillingdon Hospitals - Melissa Dransfield and Lourdes Opimo
Royal Brompton and Harefield - Brompton site - Rosie Cervera-Jackson, Harefield site Katie Stallwood
If you have any questions or cannot get in touch with a local lead please contact us here
Feedback from participants on the updated course in 2020 :
- "Fantastic day of learning - gave practical solutions"
- "Excellent course, with loads of informative, this will definitely help with future practice"
- "I have done lots of transfers but learnt loads today thank you"
- "Excellent multidisciplinary course - I will be useing this to improve my practice"
- "I have realised that I transferred quite "blindly" in the past and I have learnt a lot today thanks"
- "This training has helped increase my confidence when undertaking patient transfers"
- "Should be compulsory for all staff working in critical care"
- 10/10 (median) score for the course from participants
- 100% found the training relevant and informative
- 100% felt the course gave them greater confidence in transferring critically ill or injured patients safely
- 100% felt attending the course would improve the quality of future patient transfers